The Spanish Honor Society Hosts Another Successful Car Wash

Steven Orland, Staff Writer

On Saturday, September 21st the Ward Melville Spanish Honor Society hosted another successful annual car wash. With $744 in donations from dozens of satisfied drivers gratefully received by the group, generosity stood out in this weekend’s event.

Led by advisors Sra. McCoy and Sra. Martin, the event drew over 50 vehicles to the front circle of Ward Melville High School. The motivated club members helped wash as many as four cars simultaneously. Not to mention, after only two of the event’s five hours, over $300 had already been collected.  

Currently, there is no consensus on where the proceeds will go, but Sra. McCoy believes that a rescue foundation such as the American Red Cross will gladly receive this year’s donation.  The revenue may support the victims of Tropical Storm Imelda, which impacted Eastern Texas earlier this month.  

“It’s usually up to the kids and officers,” Sra. McCoy explained when asked about the destination of the donations.  The honor society is comprised of more than 20 members and an executive board. President Jade Eggleston. Vice President Maya Jamdar, Co-Secretaries Sarah Weiderman and Cherrie Lan, Treasurer Katherine Liu, and Historian Olivia Fransisco work as a team and have continuously supported the honor society during their time in office.  

Having completed one successful community event, the officers and members of the Spanish Honor Society are planning and looking forward to several more this year.